Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 10:39:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Triton-II support... when?

> > >     The top-end ASUS Pentium Pro motherboard uses a bridge to achieve
> > > this, as does the PowerMac 9500.  Neither will take the current design
> > > of Pentium processors, however.
> >
> > And this is a bad thing?  8-) 8-).
>
>     I'd *love* to run the 9500 hardware (for instance) here, if
> someone would just write a decent operating system for it (and don't
> anyone dare bring up the Linux "personality" for the OSF microkernel
> that Apple is porting!)  *8-O

The PCI code needs fixed for this, assuming you could even get hardware
documentation at all.

The PCI is assumed to be bridged from ISA, which is not what is happening
for this hardware.

BTW: Apple uses their own custom PCI bridge in this thing, they don't
use the Motorolla bridge, so you'd need to get docs for that, too.

8-|.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---