Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:52:07 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: managing multiple libtcl.so versions

sdr should be recompiled statically. I don't have the sources however
I am sure the person who has them will be more than happy to provide
a static binary version.

As for nv well if no one in the list is harrasing the author to upgrade
to tk4.x then I guess we should find alternatives to nv or just
forget about nv in the meantime . To say the least the current
deployment of tk3.1, tk4.1a2 , and tk41b3 is a real mess.
BTW: tk4.1b3 breaks all the m-bone tools  and minor mods to the mbones
tools will have to be done. I suspect that for many moons we will have
tk4.1a2 based apps :(

The only mbone tool which still uses tk3.1 is nv. I suggest grabbing
the CU-SEEME section in nv and addding it to vic. If we do that
there shall be very few reasons to use nv specially since major
mbone events nowdays use vic. Any takers???

	Amancio