Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 15:58:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        blizzard@torqmail.sunpub.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD.NOT

> > The SCSI controller is an Adaptec 6260/6360, the drive is a Quantum fireball
> > 1080s and the mother board is a Mylex 486
>
> Never heard of a 6260.  I assume that it is along the same line as the
> 2940/3940/etc, but ... ?

No, these are the old, old AIC-6xx sequencer-based interfaces.

These are the old chips on the 152x series of controllers, and
generally didn't have a BIOS or support scatter-gather, etc..

Some sound cards have these chips, some of the first SCSI motherboards,
and most interface cards that came with HP ScanJet scanners.

Unless you have INT 13 BIOS on the card that chains itself in
as part of POST whent he machine is turned on, you can't use
this things for booting, etc..

The BSD driver has been there for these things for a long time.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.