Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 19:33:03 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        dbabler@rigel.orionsys.com
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcpdump / trafshow / ifconfig problem

> Granted, the EtherExpress 16 is an old card, but it was available and
> works just fine otherwise. What NICs are highly regarded, price/performance
> wise for FBSD?

>From "Jordan's Picks" on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/

   I can recommend the SMC Ultra 16 controller for any ISA application
   and the SMC EtherPower or Compex ENET32 cards for any serious PCI
   based networking. Both of the PCI cards are based around DEC's DC21041
   Ethernet controller chip and other cards using it, such as the Zynx
   ZX342 or DEC DE435, will generally work as well.

Hope this helps.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk