Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 14:40:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        mgessner@winc.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: true type fonts and/or deskjet 500 soft fonts

> > I'm looking for information on software that might let me use Windows
> > TrueType fonts on my FreeBSD system.   I have a DeskJet 500 attached,
> > and the built in fonts leave a bit to be desired.
>
> Doesn't exist currently.
>
> But you can do postscript with ghostscript.

I thought the X server could do TrueType...

If nothing else, you can process the TrueType fonts into BDF fonts
at each given point size, and then process those into binary font
files for use by X (I thought the tools for doing this were on the
Adobe site, last time I lokked -- thoug it could have been they
came with FrameMaker).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---