Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:49:52 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any experience with T3/HSSI cards and FreeBSD?

At 06:57 AM 7/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>try this address at lanmedia:	Dave DePuy <dave@lanmedia.com>
>
>that's who we interacted with when we co-ordinated driver integration
>into OpenBSD.  I didn't do the driver integration, another person took
>the NetBSD driver and ported it to OpenBSD.  They got a free T1 card for
>their efforts, don't know what the status of the T3 driver is.  Currently
>the driver only supports point to point, no support for frame.  The
>person who integrated the driver made some comment re: integrating sppp
>support into OpenBSD in order to support frame.  Since FreeBSD has sppp
>already should make it easier.

well sppp and frame are different animals, at least they SHOULD be.

BTW: We've recently implemented Frame bridging (ala ADSL)...and are looking
for test sites for both T1 and T3 installations.

Dennis

Emerging Technologies, Inc.

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Manager

http://www.etinc.com/bwmgr.htm