Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:52:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
To:        Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>, Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Doug Russell wrote:

> Does anyone know the real status of the whole Open APIC idea?  Last I
> heard Cyrix and AMD weren't even actively working on implementing it.  Has
> this changed?  It would be really nice to know what was going on in the
> whole scheme of things.

Word from my AMD rep is there is a new chipset coming after the AMD640.
Although I dont buy that series of parts from AMD I am on the list when
they have eval boards available.  Saying that, AMD doesn't even have
AMD640 eval boards yet.  AMD does plan to support OpenPIC.  So does VIA
the chipset maker that licensed the VP2 chipset to AMD ( ie : the AMD640
).

     : Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne           :
     : SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net )         :
     : The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection    :