Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:59:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dummy_mount - Who are you?

Hi Julian Elischer;  On 30-Oct-97 you wrote:
>  ahh
>  yes,
>
>  This is the kernel's internal mounting of the devfs.
>  I had thought I had not exported the line of code that
>  actually does this, but it appears that it slipped past me..
>  The DEVFS is mounted internally to the kernel. You cannot
>  get to it. (hense the name..'hidden mount' might be a better name)
>  This is not needed yet, but will be soon.
>  I don't see that error message, but are you sure it's the KERNEL
>  giving that message?

No.  All I see on the console is the message.  It does not show in the logs
at all.

>  All is ok, it's just htat I didn't realise that I'd exported that
>  'feature' yet.

Almost. umount -a barfs on it too.  Maybe the message comes from mountd?

>  I'll look into it later tonight.
>
>  "don't Panic"

Nanhhh.  I have much worse problems in life :-)

---
If Microsoft Built Cars:

Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new
car.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313