Date:      09 Mar 1998 23:05:33 -0500
From:      rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu (Robert V. Baron)
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel wishlist for web server performance

Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com> writes:

What I don't understand in using SendFile and avoiding the copy to
mbuf's is where does TCP fit in.  We are using tcpip for the web.
When I send a packet, I will eventually, get an acknowledge or I
won't.  I may have to resend a "packet" I sent earlier.  Who worries
about this detail, SendFile or the TCP implementation?