Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:13:59 +0100
From:      "Marco van de Voort" <marcov@stack.nl>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead ?

> > Then, what are the benefits for both parties ?
> >
> > For the FreeBSD project :
> > - many more supported platforms (Sparc, PowerPC, Arm ?)

Merced? .........

> definately.

I'm not sure if that is a good thing if it is pursued by the core team, at least not
for impopular or older targets.

> Access to the developer pool ?

Sure, and with that accesss to internal maillists (if they exist), cc's of bugreports
etc. Very important point I think. Generating quality feedback is always a problem,
and now  the FreeBSD developpers will provide their own quality feedback, AND
distille the high quality feedback from the large volume of feedback from news and
email.

Marco van de Voort (MarcoV@Stack.nl)
<http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/xtdlib.htm>;