Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:35:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        garbanzo@hooked.net (Alex)
Cc:        hoek@hwcn.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fnord0: disabled, not probed.

> > So people who don't compile their own kernels (ie. the people
> > affected by jkh's change) get to choose?  :)
>
> Or with #ifndef one could make it go the other way.  I'd prefer the first
> myself, as if something's disabled, I don't want to know about it, as I
> probably disabled it in the first place.

If I disabled it, I removed it from the config file -- or should have.

If not, I want to be reminded to do so, in order to recover the RAM
used in loading the kernel.  If you can coelesce free kernel memory
(requires a "section pageable" attribute) and recover it automatically,
then I give you the point.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---