Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 18:49:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        greg@oz.plymouth.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xwindows compiler

> Did you mean a C compiler that could be used, among other things, to
> create X applications, maybe?

I think he means an X-based evelopement environment, on the order
of the Microsoft Developer Studio or the Sybase Optima++ stuff,
or the Borland TurboBuilder stuff, etc..

The short answer is that there is no current code in release which
provides the necessary front end, and is frely available.

The longer answer takes too much time from other interesting stuff
I have to read and reply to (I have been off line for a business
week).  So the short form of the long anser is "it can be done,
and there are a number of people working on things like this now".

I don't have the resources to look up who is doing the work at this
time, except to say I've got some stuff I'm not happy with that
I've done towards the goal.  So don't ask me for references for at
least a week (if not more).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---