Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:16:14 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot.flp + parallel ZIP...?

> I'm considering trying to assemble a boot floppy with parallel port ZIP
> drive support.

Yay!  Please do!

> 1) Anyone already done it?

No.

> 2) Is there any technical reason it can't be done?

No.

> 3) Any reason it shouldn't be done?

Guilt on my part that the ppa driver isn't in 2.2.5?

> 4) Would it require any extraordinary means?  i.e., serious source hacking

It may be moderately magic getting ppa into the boot kernel config as
part of the release build process (if you do go that way).

> 5) Any hints?

Have patience.  Working out how the boot floppy build process works can
be a challenge.

> 6) Want it if I make it?

I'm sure we can put it somewhere useful, yes!

mike