Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:34:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dave <dave@comsite.net>
Cc:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha port

> I would really like to get FreeBSD running instead of NetBSD on this box.
> I am looking to establish a timeline of when an initial PALcode will be
> working so I can dedicate some time and funds to the project.  With nobody
> saying anything at all I can't even begin to move things out of the way to
> help on the project.  And attempting to redo work on the PALcode or
> bootstrap when someone else might be doing it would seem silly, especially
> when I have never looked at the code before a few weeks ago.

Ah, well that's a little different of course.  The sad truth of the
matter is that absolutely nothing is happening, not with the PALcode,
not with any aspect of the FreeBSD/ALPHA project.  People are either
simply far too busy to devote any time at all to it or are stuck
without any technical documentation at all for their machines and
frustrated by Digital's inability to provide same.  So I guess what
I'm saying is that if you want to take this ball and run with it,
you'd be more than welcome since you're the only player on the
ball field at the moment. :-)

					Jordan