Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:35:28 -0800
From:      Tanvir Hassan <tanvir@mail.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: FreeBSD Install problems with SCSI Jaz...]

Unfortunately this did not work.  I have an aha-2940 with 1 4Gb USCSI
disk and the Jaz disk.  The USCSI disk shows up first in the probe (as
d:) and then the Jaz disk shows up (it does not have any letter bound to
it).  When I used the booteasy program I installed it on my IDE boot
drive and it only showed F1: dos and F5: 2nd disk.  It never showed the
Jaz.  I told my controller to make the Jaz bootable and even that did
not work.  It seems freebsd is having problems booting off my 3rd disk.

When I type sd(1,a)/kernel it just says it could not find it.

Linux was ALOT easier to install.  Is there any real difference between
FreeBSD and Linux?  I have Linux installed and running and now that
FreeBSD is having so many problems, I am inclined to just give up on it.

Also, I could not see my modem in the install because it is plug and
play.  Linux has this simple utility called pnpisa to grab pnp data and
configure devices so that non PNP OS'es like Linux can deal with them.
Apparently PNP capability is going to be in the kernel RSN.  Does
FreeBSD have this capability?  Or even if I ever do get FreeBSD to see
my Jaz will I not be able to use PNP devices?

Thanks!