Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:30:54 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        "David M. Holloway" <daveh@csua.berkeley.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LAND attack

spork <spork@super-g.com> wrote:
>This is interesting.  We have a machine that is "patched", but seems to
>still be getting hit by land.  It has lots of virtual interfaces.

I haven't yet been able to get a multi-homed machine to "land" using
multiple interfaces, but it's theoretically possible, and I'm the first
to admit that crackers have much more time on their hands than I do.

Can you try the patch at the end of PR #kern/5103 (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=5103) and see if it
helps?  I'm about to commit a slightly modified version of it.

Thanks,
  Bill