Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:22:14 +0800
From:      zerodist <zerodist@ms2.hinet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dlink DC21140 supported?

Hi:
  I have a freebsd box. It has two pentinum II cpu and the mother board
is
Asus p2L97 with aic7880 scsi on board.
  The net card is D-link DFE-500TX (10/100mb/s) with chip set dec
dc21140.
It is a pci card.  These are my system.
  After I set freebsd up. The system tell me 'de0: transmission
timeout'. I can't ping even
to any other machine in the same local net . I check irq. There is no
irq conflict.
Besides there are only a vga, aic scsi cards on the system. So pci pnp
should not
be a problem.
This net card works fine on win95 and NT server.
  So does freebsd really support Dec DC21140 Lan chipset ?
Any early response is appreciated. Thanks.
 zerodist@ms2.hinet.net