Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:57:41 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <webmaster@zwb.net>
To:        Dustin Andrews <dustin@infoinsights.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FUCKUP PROGRAM

That is true, however, sometimes that is the kind of thing that gets you to
think it won't destroy anything.  I've worked with UNIX-like systems for
about 15 years, and it seems alot easier to copy the files from the disks
yourself, than haveing a program do it.  That way, YOU know what you're doing.

I'm not saying the was FreeBSD did it is bad, just commenting on it.  It
probably makes it alot easier for people who have never user UNIX before.

--
Dima

At 04:56 PM 4/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have to question the maturity of this post. I am guessing that it is a
>forgery. If not I can't have much sympathy since the install programs
>warns about data loss IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS before you do anything that
>might damage your system. If you did not have a backup don't expect
>sympathy.
>
>FreeBSD is not for the faint of heart. If you can't take one on the chin,
>I suggest you get a nice safe OS like the one that comes with your
>television.
>
>--
>Dustin Andrews | w2.polar.net/~dustin | dustin@infoinsights.com
>Tiring of Microsoft? Free (really cool) OS ==>  www.freebsd.org
> "I see the light at the end of the tunnel, someone please tell me
>that it's not a train" --Cracker
>
>On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Admin wrote:
>
>}YOur program is so screwed up
>}
>}ITS FUCKED up my computer I had to format it I lost so much stuff cuz of
>}your fucked up program
>}
>}
>}
>}NEXT TIME
>}
>}dont like in the faq
>}
>}To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
>}with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>}

---
Thanks!
Dima Dorfman - dima@zwb.net

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981 - Bill Gates