Date:      Wed, 01 Jul 1998 19:34:29 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp with the latest SNAPSHOT (may)

> On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Brian Somers wrote:
>

> > > user ppp worked fine for years but after having changed my mother board/
> > > upgraded to the latest snapshot it is not working anymore
> > >
> > > as I did both operation at the same time I dont know if the problem
> > > comes from the mother board or user ppp.
> > >
> > > the mother board is an Asus P2B (chipset BX)
> > >
> > > do you have any clue ?
> >
> > No.  You'll need to explain what ``doesn't work'' means :-(  My car
> > doesn't work.  Do you have any idea what's wrong with it ?
> >
> > > thanks for your help
> > >

> As everything worked fine before, I only thought that there was a known
> problem either with the lastest snapshot or with the ASUS P2B motherboard.
>
> In fact, it dial, the provider's modem answers, apparently, ppp and the
> provider are chatting permanently with any success.
>
> it seems unable to set the ip adresses

Do you have a line saying ``set ifaddr 0 0'' in your config ?  What
snapshot are you talking about - is it a 2.2 snapshot that was
created just after 2.2.6-release ?

If the answer to both of these questions is ``yes'' then either change
the line to read ``set ifaddr 0 0/0'' or upgrade to a later snapshot.
If either of the answers are ``no'' you'll really have to supply some
information (check http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/userppp.html for how to
provide logs).

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;