Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:54:55 +0700 (ICT)
From:      pirat sriyotha <pirat@center.oaep.go.th>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lyx: LaTeX did not work

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Brett Taylor wrote:

> What was the exact error?  I just tried this - I threw in some random
> keystrokes on a new document and chose view dvi and it came right up.
>
> Can you give the exact error you saw?

thanks for your kindness.
here are what i do, after lyx is up and running.

i click at File menu, open a new file, give file-name as an answer.
then i type Good Morning and hit return.
i see the text Good Morning in lyx window.
then i click at file menu again and select view dvi

instead of showing the text that i have entered, lyx gives me a poppup
alert : latex did not work.

my system is FreeBSD-2.2.6 with tex-3.14159, teTeX-0.4, latex2e-98.01,
lyx-0.12.0 and all dvips packages.

i do not know exactly what is not correct in my machine.  but i need to
prepare some document with latex via lyx for the yet to come seminar in
october. any help and hints are very appreciated and welcome.

the last two days are my country's holiday so i apologise for answering
late.

with regards,
Pirat Sriyotha

Office of Atomic Energy for Peace