Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:12:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: vipw problem

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Brendan Kosowski wrote:

>I recently removed a user via vipw and then added them back later.
>
>Now they can't use any commands that relly on shared libraries.
>
>They also can't do a "who", it sais something like utmp premission denied
>or something like that.
>
>I'm having a bad day, can anyone help ????

Did you add them back using adduser or vipw? Try adding an arbitrary user
using adduser and see if that user works. If it does, then you probably
messed up the syntax of /etc/passwd when using vipw. Did you mess with the
users group membership?

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/