Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:26:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Alberto de Poo Bas <adepoo@tamnet.com.mx>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird Process Timings

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Alberto de Poo Bas wrote:

> I have a machine with 2.2.6 and the 31dec69 date it show when someone have
> a process with bash. Maybe is something with bash?

Probably not, i don't see how bash could subvert the kernel... unless
something was broken.

that, and another friend is complaining about problems.

I'm beginning to suspect someone messed up sysctl because someone just
told me:

"/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 401: warning: "sysctl -n kern.osreldate"
returned non-zero status

something weird with pcbs?  i don't have time to track it down, and told
them to either ride out the problem (hoping someone takes notice) or cvsup
backwards one week and try that.

thanks,
-Alfred