Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:44:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot disk

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Keith Woodman wrote:

>Not if you know where to go. You would think they would have better
>documentation on where to find things to get people started.

Admittedly, the 3.0 boot disc is harder to find than the 2.2.8 boot disc.
This is because FreeBSD recommends 2.2.8 over 3.0 until 3.0 matures.

2.2.8
First page - Click "Getting FreeBSD"
Second page - Click "installation boot disk image"

3.0
First page - Click "Getting FreeBSD"
Second page - Click "Obtaing FreeBSD"
Third page - Click "FTP Sites"
Fourth page - Click "ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/"

>It's no wonder that linux is more popular. They don't make it hard for
>new comers to get their feet wet in the OS . It is more accessable.

I have heard several people say that FreeBSD is easier to install than any
Linux distribution. I think that it was even easier than winblows to
install. I hardly think that two clicks is "less accessible". Once you run
the install, see if your opinion changes.

>I have the boot floppy now. I did a search on the FreeBSD site and it
>gave me absolutely nothing on a search.

Oddly, searching "3.0 release" yields
"http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html" as the very first hit.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/