Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:36:31 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp crashes...2

> but I am using the same link with same modem
> with win95 with no problem...
> why does this happen on freebsd?

I have no idea - you've given no details and haven't determined if
the local or remote end is dying.

As I've said on numerous occasions, there is probably a bug in ppp as
this this problem has been mentioned by more than one person in the
past (about 10 in fact), but in all cases, ppp seems to remain alive
and the remote end stops responding.

Ppp must be doing something unexpected to the remote implementation,
but without any information, I can do nothing.

All I can suggest is that you enable async logging to determine if
ppp is still alive and then hassle your ISP.