Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 18:11:45 -0700
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@cs.ucla.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter

[slightly off topic]

Ewwwwwwwww! Friends never let friends build networks with ATM unless
absolutely necessary and even then ... It'd be like perpetrating an
MS Operating system on someone. If the network can't support mcast
naturally, should we really be using it?

The good news is that ATM is being relegated to the dust heap of
history now that PPP/Packet over Sonet is operational. All we need
now is operational PCI bus cards.