Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:21:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Franky Effendy <franky@sife.swau.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: :)

>    I want ot seup PC banking using FreeBSD 3.0!
> do you think FreeBSD is secure enough to handle it?

FreeBSD is more than secure enough to handle it, however you should be
more concerned with whether or not there is a web server which is secure
enough to handle it.  There is.  Look at the apache-ssl port.

> which webser should i use?

Apache-ssl is free and should work.  There may be commercial options as
well.

> and do u have any suggestion ?
> can u explaine to me why FreeBSD has 2 versio at the same time 2.2.8 and
> 3.0?

FreeBSD currently has 2 branches.  2.2.X is considered to be the stable
branch.  3.X is considered, at this time, to be the current branch.
Current is not yet stable.

If I were you, I would run 2.2.X in a production environment.

> what are the differences, why FreeBSD does not use 3.0 and stop the 2.2.8?
> I would like to support my favorite FreeBSD(the best) but I dont know how?
> can you also tell me how to support FreeBSD?

Tell your friends about.  Buy a CDROM from Walnut Creek
(http://www.freebsd.org/).  Read the advocacy mailing list for more ideas.

> well thank you for your time

Good luck!