Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:25:58 -0500
From:      Oly <oly@world.std.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Grunfelder <wjgrun@cyberwar.com>
Subject:   Re: unknown 56k modem...

I have what seems to be the same modem.  Here's my entry from
/etc/pccard.conf

card "LUCENT-VENUS" "PCMCIA 56K DataFax"
	config	0x27 "sio1" pio
	insert	echo Lucent-Venus PCMCIA 56K (unsupported) inserted
	remove	echo Lucent-Venus PCMCIA 56K (unsupported) removed

with sio1 disabled in the kernel config:

device		sio1	at isa? disable port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr

This is with 2.2.7/PAO - though I doubt anything has changed.
You can also try a pccardc dumpcis and replace 0x27 with
one of the other config entries.

Cheers,
-Oly