Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:44:56 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
To:        Michael Imor <umji@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>, Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux XFree86 under FreeBSD?

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 04:48:16PM -0400, Michael Imor wrote:
> Anyone have any luck compiling the glx extensions from nVidia (and maybe
> have the binaries)?  I gave them a shot but failed.

I did that tonight (under -current). The only gotcha is that you
need GNU make for the makefiles to work. Other than that, it worked
like a charm (I haven't been so lucky with the X server, probably
not because of the Nvidia patches but because I have never recompiled
XFree from scratch, thanksfully Chris did that part :-)

I've put the binary here:

	http://www.enst.fr/~beyssac/riva-glx-freebsd.tar.gz

IMPORTANT: it's an ELF archive, tested only on 4.0-current.  It
might work on 3.x but I didn't try it. It certainly won't work
under 2.2.x.

The difference of speed between hardware and software rendition
under "xlock" is amazing on "sproingies" and "morph3d" :-)
--
Pierre Beyssac	      pb@fasterix.frmug.org pb@fasterix.freenix.org
{Free,Net,Open}BSD, Linux : il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher