Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:54:21 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@os.org.za>
Cc:        Stephane.Lentz@ansf.alcatel.fr, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail virtusertable

> As it stands right now, because I partially trust the users
> (there are only 4), they all have read/write access to the
> master virtusertable, but it would be trivial to create
> multiple input virtusertables, cat them together to create the
> master inputfile and rebuild the database periodically.

If you dig through the archives of this list, you'll find a discussion
on this, basically, if you can't trust your users you need to do a
little sanity checking. "cat | grep '@allowed-domain.com '" should show
what I mean, although you would really want something more robust than
this (far too easy to break :-)

I would also recommend building your db files to a new file, and check
they have built OK before using them for real (at very least make sure
they're not zero bytes).