Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:27:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC channels and ??quality??

> You've quite obviously missed the point... you probably haven't used Linux
> to any great degree (maybe proudly); but the IRC avenue for help is highly
> developed on the specific linux IRC servers. I realise that #linux is just
> as bad on EFNET but try the linpeople.org servers and you will see what I
> was trying to get across. IRC is a highly responsive form of peer help and

I hardly think that I've missed the point at all.  You raised a
specific objection to EFNET (and read your mail again if you have any
doubts), you made it sound as if this was somehow a FreeBSD specific
problem without making the relevant observation that #linux was no
better.

As to whether or not private channels can be formed with different
objectives in mind, that would be an entirely separate thread and I
didn't see anything in your original message which led me to believe
that you had any broader objectives in mind - if you wanted to start a
more productive freepeople.org, or whatever, why didn't you just SAY
SO and not engage in wholly irrelevant and misleading accusations
about EFNET?

Sorry, but the lack of substance in your postings so far leads
me to no other conclusion than the fact that you simply wanted
to vent on us.  That's too bad, as it accomplishes nothing.

- Jordan