Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:04:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        "Chuck O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spontaneous reboots

> I was getting reboots under 3.0-RELEASE, almost always when the daily
> scripts run. One of these reboots was directly preceeded by some disk
> errors (disk and controller are new) that showed up in
> /var/log/messages. I haven't seen anything since a cvsup and 'make
> world' on Saturday, Feb 6. This may be an unrelated hardware problem,
> don't know yet.

I don't think this is the same problem. At least I don't get *ANYTHING* in
any log file. If it was a bad disk, I'd notice. And meanwhile I have
already replaced the disk with a bigger one and I don't think both disks
are bad.

I still suspect either a problem with the ed0 driver or with 486-CPU
support (which after a quick scan of the relevant kernel cvs log files
seems basically unchaged from 2.2.8).

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia