Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 11:32:00 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan@promo.de>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ata and IRQ sharing (was: panic in nexus_setup_intr+0x13 with new ata driver)

Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 May 1999, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>
>> --On Son, 2. Mai 1999 19:32 Uhr +0200 Stefan Bethke
>> <stefan.bethke@hanse.de> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm currently trying to get a Promise Ultra/33 to work with S=F8rens =
new
>> > ata drivers.
>>
>> I've delved into the code a bit more.  The panic results from
>> ata_pciattach() not checking whether an IRQ resource could be =
allocated.

>> Ths seems to stem from the fact that the IRQ is already taken by an ed
>> PCI card.
>
> Are you saying that the ISA driver for the ed card is sharing an =
interrupt
> with the pci IDE card?

No, it's a generic NE2000-clone PCI card.

The combination NE2000 + NCR810 card works fine with the sahred IRQ5 (I've
just checked again).  (Well, "fine" is a bit optimistic.  If I really beat
both of them [cvs update from an NFS repo to a fast disk on the NCR], I =
get
device timeouts, but generally it works.)

--
Stefan Bethke
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-851744-18