Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 17:53:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Debugging uthreads

Doug Rabson wrote:
> I've put an initial version of my hack for debugging FreeBSD user threads
> with gdb up on http://www.freebsd.org/~dfr/uthread.diff. Comments would be
> appreciated.

Is the uniqueid really necessary when the address of the thread structure
is already unique within the process address space? After all, that's
what the thread ID is (a pointer to the malloc'd memory).

I have the feeling that there needs to be some way to discover if the
version of gdb being used is compatible with the version of libc_r that
the program is linked against. Otherwise we end up with a similar
problem to the all too familiar "struct proc size mismatch".

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137