Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 19:59:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com
Cc:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de, hodeleri@seattleu.edu, obrien@NUXI.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ES 1370 audio driver and ncr SCSI driver interfere!

> > Joachim's Ensoniq driver was the first extension of Luigi's underlying
> > pcm driver for ISA cards towards PCI.
> >
> > Looks like bus issues are not arranged 100%:
>
> I'm working on it.

Great to hear.

If there is any technical document about FreeBSD drivers and how they should
manage their resources (and that is so recent, that it takes PCI into account)
please tell me. I would like to understand what is going on to help myself -
e.g. the ES1370's MIDI interface is unsupported yet ..

Another remark - I filed a PR some weeks ago where I reported that my
ncr SCSI controller dies during listening to real audio streams.

Friday's -CURRENT still has this problem - but today I observed that it has
nothing special to do with the real player or the Linux emulation layer.

The same ncr confusion happens if I listen to MP3's and have disk activity
(cvsup) at the same time .. so now I believe that it is an interference of
the audio drivers { es0, pcm0 } with ncr0.

Regards,
Marc