Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:21:01 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?=F7?=. =?iso-8859-1?Q?=EF=CC=C5=CA=CE=C9=CB?=" <andyo@prime.net.ua>, Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Subject:   Re: user ppp problems (still not working)

> Hi folks !
> =

> you helped me a lot with overall problems about FreeBSD,
> but user ppp haven't yet worked for me ! any ideas ?
> =

> 1. it works when I dial from Win95
> =

> 2. another side of peer is ComOS @ Livingston Portmaster,
> when i dial out it says
> =

> login: Pilia
> Password:
> PPP session from (195.54.14.86) to 195.54.15.228 beginning....~}#@!}!}!=
}
> }4}"}&}
>  } } } }%}&\4MB}'}"}(}"#} ~
[......]
> 4. ifconfig -a output
>  a) before dialing
>       tun0: flags=3D8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>  b) after dialing
>       tun0: flags=3D8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>       inet 195.54.15.228 --> 195.54.14.86 netmask 0xffffff00
>                                                         ^^^^
>                                 i expected to see 0xfffffe00 here

Looks like you've got a slightly outdated version of ppp, but this =

error is cosmetic - the netmask doesn't matter for a pointopoint link.

[......]

This sort of ``lcp is fine but I get no response from the peer'' may =

be because the peer is expecting some characters to be escaped.  They =

give an ACCMAP of 0, but perhaps ``set accmap 000a0000'' might help.

If you get the latest verison of ppp, it should also be quicker at =

noticing the ppp packets after sending your password.  You can get =

the latest copy from http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html.
-- =

Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>