Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:55:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: repeat: pci problem w/ de0 NIC

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Steve Lewis wrote:

>  Also, I object to the predominant attitude that 2.2.8 is old.  Look at the
>  time-stamps.  Yeah I know alot has changed in FreeBSD since, but the
>  calendar says the FreeBSD crew has been extremely productive. :)

It's old man, I don't care what the time stamps say.  You
can think what you wanna think. If the system is built and
working, then I say leave it alone. If it is new, then go
with the current flow.  It is easier to get help, and as I
said before, the hardware support in 3.4 is stellar, to say
the least.

>  reason - as I said, it's the latest thing I have burned on CD.

With a cable modem, why do you care?  Geez Louise  You can
always hook a Win machine up to download the OS at light
speed.  You can even install via ftp from the boot floppies.
My crummy little isdn line let me do the whole shebang in
about 4 hours from a floppy boot.

Gene Harris