Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 09:07:19 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Alex Perel <veers@disturbed.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limit ftp users to their homedir

At 10:06 AM 4/25/99 -0400, Alex Perel wrote:

>Give it a rest, eh? People are tired of your dogma, PARTICULARLY in a
>security-oriented mailing list.

What I am stating isn't dogma; it's verifiable fact. It is, rather, the
GPL that cloaks itself in dogma.

>I've yet to use a license as a
>decision-making factor in the software I use, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

This is unfortunate. The GPL and its promoters rely on this in order to
maximize the GPL's negative impact on legitimate commercial developers.
Rather than turning this into a long-winded discussion, I invite those
who are interested in these issues to READ the GPL and also Stallman's
own writings. "The GNU Manifesto," "Why Software Should Not Have Owners,"
and "Confusing Words You Might Wish to Avoid," all available at
http://www.gnu.org, express Stallman's dogma and malicious intent very
clearly.

--Brett