Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:34:22 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Jakub Klausa <jacke@bofh.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual Processor Motherboards

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 08:11:20PM +0200, Jakub Klausa <jacke@bofh.pl> wrote:

> => Yes, exactly same for Thunder 100. Three boards subsequently failed
> => within one year for me, all had same failure, one of the processor
>
> Quite strange, comparing to one of my SMP systems running on Tyan Thunder
> 100 for over a year now and showing not even a sign of problems.
> If it would be possible to buy Tyan mbs here, in .pl i'd certainly do
> that, though, unfortunetly it's quite hard.
>
> (The system with that Tyan mb has 2xPII400,512MB RAM, and quite a load of
> disks. It's load rather rarely gets under 1)

Hmm, I even had different versions of Thunder 100 boards which smoked in
same fashion. I had In-Box processors with integrated cooling and the
case was properly cooled also. I have no clue what happened. I'm annoyed
because the latest board went to hell and one of my PII-400 together with
it. I'm still waiting for replacement processors to arrive :-( What a
mess.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee