Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:32:20 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, van.woerkom@netcologne.de, conrads@home.com, aa8vb@ipass.net, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: flashplugin

The software package , burstplayer , was using Sun's Windows JMF implemenation.

Not sure about the implementation of JMF on Windows;however, I strongly
suspect that is just as Nate described that is JMF uses heavily native libraries
or services such as Direct X.

JMF pure java implementation is not a great performer .

	Cheers

--

 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com