Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:04:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crashdump in re lockups.

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:

> If you did a kldstat (in gdb. Use Greg Lehey's .gdbinit* from vinum) and
> added the pertinent KLD as a symbol file correctly (also reference
> the .gdbinit*), you would probably get more useful output.  Try
> that and let me know.  FWIW, I have my CFLAGS + -g in the modules
> just as I have my kernel -g and installed with install.debug.  This
> helps if you plan on debugging a module when it crashes.

ah! thank you very much!

ok, the code that makes sure we aren't "overloaded" at
vinumreqest.c 395

393                     while ((drive->active >= DRIVE_MAXACTIVE)   /* it has too much to do already, */
394                     ||(vinum_conf.active >= VINUM_MAXACTIVE))   /* or too many requests globally */
395                         tsleep(&launch_requests, PRIBIO | PCATCH, "vinbuf",

I'm assuming that this code isn't executed in the context of the vinum
daemon because the lockup tended to happen when I would hit ^C.

Greg, you need to catch the error from tsleep and do something with it. :)

This is where i'm getting nailed.

-Alfred