Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:40:40 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL port

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>
> > ports/security/openssl:
> >
> > .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
> > .if ${OSVERSION} >= 400014
> > FORBIDDEN=      "OpenSSL is already in the base system"
> > .endif
> >
> > Not true. Only if an unnamed security distribution is installed.
>
> I'd much prefer to deprecate the port in favour of the base-system
> version. Is there any reason why you'd want to use the ports version?

Yep. I couldn't find the base-system version. I don't want kerberos/des,
and these seem to be the only distributions containing libssl. And I
don't even know *which* one has it. Since I installed scrypto by
mistake, I tried making it by hand (make world is not an option to me),
and failed.

In any case, do not claim that OpenSSL is installed unless it *IS*
installed.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"If you consider our help impolite, you should see the manager."