Date:      20 Mar 2000 11:16:49 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu>, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/picobsd/bridge PICOBSD src/release/picobsd/custom  PICOBSD-C src/release/picobsd/dial PICOBSD src/release/picobsd/install  PICOBSD src/release/picobsd/isp PICOBSD src/release/picobsd/net PICOBSD  src/release/picobsd/router ...

 * From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>

 * On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
 *
 * > > In this case MF5C denoted that it was a Merge From 5-CURRENT.
 * >
 * > Then that is MFC.
 * >
 * > > Helps me keep my sanity along three branches.
 * >
 * > But confuses others and breaks greping for already done MFC's.
 *
 * MF[[:digit:]]?C

There's no standard at all, people say "MFC", "merge from -current",
"merge rev. 1.abcd", etc. in commit logs.  I don't think using any
regular expression in the *logs* is going to help here, that's what
cvs diff is for.

Not that it matters much, but it just seems rather silly trying to
pick on someone who just happened to come up with a creative (and
quite funny IMO) variation.

Satoshi