Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:03:26 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>, Jonathan Towne <wrongway@slic.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 12:43:40PM -1000, Vincent Poy wrote:
> 	Actually, there are such things as PS/2 keyboard ports, Serial
> ports, parallel ports.  Xircom and Belkin makes them I think.  I never
> realized it doesn't have serial ports.  So make that two things it doesn't
> have, ports and CD/DVDROM drive.

Well, PCMCIA drives seem to work.  I poked at a coworkers Sony
CDROM drive, worked just fine, cranked music, etc.

What _I_ want is a PCMCIA DVD player that at least probes as a
CDROM under FreeBSD.  Don't know if that's doable.  Something like:

	<http://ged.virtualave.net/dvddriveandcard.htm>;

I wish. :(

Geez, the Picturebook's screen size screams 'letterbox'. :)

> It also doesn't work with the
> Xircom/Intel RealPort modems since those are type III or needs two Type II
> slots and this beast only has one.
>
> For Xircom, here is the URL:
>
> http://www.xircom.com/cda/page/0,1298,1_1-2,00.html

Cool, thanks for the pointers.

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (781) 899-7484 x704