Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:21:46 +1000
From:      Tim Liddelow <tim@esec.com.au>
To:        "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP_PASSIVE_MODE and libftpio

"Eric D. Futch" wrote:

> Please take a look at the PR I put together bin/18103 and let me know if
> this is a good (enough) fix for the problem.
>
> The patch can aslo be found at:
> http://quake.nyct.net/~efutch/FreeBSD/ftpio.c.patch

Looking at the patch, the only mod I would suggest is to preserve the current
behaviour;  make it set passive mode if the variable is just defined (without
any value).  If it is NO, sure, dont set passive mode, but set passive  mode if
the variable is YES or no value.  i.e. looking at the patch, change the last if
statement to just if (cp) and don't do the strncmp().

Just my $0.02.

Cheers
Tim.