Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 01:45:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Butch Evans <butch@sheltonbbs.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with procfs

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Butch Evans wrote:

> I get the following error anytime I run anything that uses
> procfs.  (ps, w, top, etc)
>

> proc size mismatch (57640 total, 1044 chunks)
>
> What do I do to resolve this?  I have attempted to rebuild the ps

I finally found a reference in the FAQ that answered this
question.  It is found at
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/install.html#AEN984

Although the question asked here did not describe the problem I was
having, the answer to the question DID fix my problem.  Thanks to
Mark Lutgen for the quick response (as well as Colin Campbell).
Mark put me on the trail.  I don't know how frequently this comes up,
but perhaps there could be a bit more documentation on when running
"make world" is appropriate in the section of the Handbook that deals
with building a custom kernel.  Just my $0.02.

--
Butch Evans
Shelton Internet