Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:38:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sean Lutner <sean@rentul.net>
To:        Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>, David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dc19 fructration.

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Jose Marques wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Sean Lutner wrote:
>
> > > And just to preach to the converted, how long do you think it would
> > > have taken you to get that fixed if you were running Solaris?
> >
> > Depending on how you did it, ie - an "Emergency, Production server
> > down" ticket with Sun, a matter of hours.
>
> For which one pays how much?

Yes, Sun Support is expensive. Yes, FreeBSD support is free. Yes, I'd
rather pay and have my production machine back running in hours rather
than wait out a mailing list for days. I don't mean for this to be a
flame. I love FreeBSD. If I could have a few key software products I can
get for Solaris for FreeBSD, my production envoronment would be
FreeBSD. Knocking Solaris was out of line (imho).