Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:20:12 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Justin Wolf <jjwolf@bleeding.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Displacement of Blame[tm]

At 2:59 PM -0700 7/13/00, Justin Wolf wrote:
> > Because we are trying to provide a service to FreeBSD users.
>
>Then send it to freebsd-security.  Any emails sent to non-FreeBSD
>lists could still omit the FreeBSD bit from the header.

That was the earlier debate.  That debate had been settled,
and we do want to provide this service, and the bugtraq list
is a reasonable place to do it, and the subject should say
something about freebsd in it if it has to do with anything
installed via the freebsd ports collection.

I really don't want to rehash THAT debate.  I wouldn't mind a
little brain-storming to see if we can come up with a better
format for the subjects, but I don't want to start back at
square one and debate every aspect of this all over again.
In fact, the main reason I haven't wanted to ask about the
format of subjects was because I was afraid we WOULD end
up debating the entire topic all over again.

That's just my opinion, of course.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute