Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:34:13 +1200
From:      "Mark Ibell" <marki@paradise.net.nz>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: SSH in 4.1 RELEASE for NonUS users

----- Original Message -----
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To: Mark Ibell <marki@paradise.net.nz>
Cc: <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 9:51 PM

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Mark Ibell wrote:
>
> > Installing the US crypto distribution also seems to give DES passwords
> > rather than MD5.
>
> Yes. This is being worked on.
>
> > Utilities like 'sha1' seem to be missing as well.
>
> This doesn't exist :-)

I must have seen it on OpenBSD then - sorry.

> > The only real option (at least for international users) seems to be to
do a
> > 'make world' with USA_RESIDENT=NO.
>
> Or read what I already said (or what is documented) and install the
> librsaintl port/package.

The only problem with that is that the package is apparently not available -
I've checked both ftp.freebsd.org & ftp.internat.freebsd.org. Also, the port
complains about OpenSSL or something not being installed, which it won't be
if you don't install CRYPTO as per the export warning. Is the librsaintl
port by any chance intended for use with distributions downloaded from
ftp.internat.freebsd.org?

Mark