Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:21:56 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcsh shell editing (bind?)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 03:15:51PM -0400, Jim Freeze wrote:
> I use fbsd with bash at home and have set the shell editing option to vi
> with
>
> set -o vi
>
> However, at work I am limited to tcsh.
> The man pages way to use
>
> bind vi

It's ``bindkey'' not ``bind'':

       bindkey [-l|-d|-e|-v|-u] (+)
       bindkey [-a] [-b] [-k] [-r] [--] key (+)
       bindkey [-a] [-b] [-k] [-c|-s] [--] key command (+)
               Without options, the first form  lists  all  bound
               keys  and  the  editor  command  to  which each is
               bound, the second form lists the editor command to
               which  key  is  bound and the third form binds the
               editor command command to key.  Options include:

               [snip]

               -v  Binds  all  keys  to  the  standard vi(1)-like
                   bindings.

> but bind is not supported.
>
> Does anyone know a quick answer to how get vi editing within tcsh?
>
> Thanks

		4.4 - The number of the Beastie