Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:54:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Operator" <operator@phreak.net>
To:        lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Raid card question

> Hello,
> Would anyone know if InforTrend Sentinal Raid (external) are supported?
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Lanny

External controllers are OS independant which means you do not need
any driver support, they can be used on *any* system that has SCSI
support..

I've found that external controllers are MUCH better to deal with overall
and tend to offer many more features. The Infortrends in particular are
VERY nice, I've got quite a few Sential 2000s in production and have
no problems, I love em! :)

Good luck!

--
Operator